A practical training and open discussion for foster parents (from all licensing agencies). Foster parents will engage in discussion around the parent’s experience & develop skills to enhance relationships to
A practical training and open discussion for foster parents (from all licensing agencies). Foster parents will engage in discussion around the parent’s experience & develop skills to enhance relationships to benefit the children in their care in this 5-part training series. A certificate of participation will be offered to attendees weekly. Hosted weekly by Fostering Great Ideas, Live via Zoom starting July 12 (registration required). Register for the whole series – 4 Live sessions +1 Live Session with a parent (and debrief).
This practical training and guided discussion is perfect for foster parents at any stage of their fostering journey. Whether you are just starting the foster care licensing process and want to make sure you are prepared to partner well with the parents of the kids in your care (or at least know what you might expect) or you are a seasoned foster parent who wants to process your own feelings and experiences alongside others that are navigating these sometimes complicated relationships, this is for you!
Together we will:
– Consider the trauma experienced by everyone in the foster care triad (child, parent, foster parent) and how it impacts relationships
– Process personal attitudes, beliefs, and biases about families involved in the foster care system.
– Discuss critical topics that may be challenging for foster parents to navigate; offer peer support and encouragement
– Develop healthy relationship-building skills to champion family connections
– Learn from the stories, experiences, and expertise of others from diverse perspectives
Starts July 12
Mondays at 3:30PM
Registration is required. Only 15 spots available.
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!
(Monday) 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm EST