This is a repeating eventjanuary 20, 2021 7:30 pm
A practical training and open discussion for foster parents (from all licensing agencies). Foster parents will engage in discussion around the parent’s experience & develop skills to enhance relationships to
A practical training and open discussion for foster parents (from all licensing agencies). Foster parents will engage in discussion around the parent’s experience & develop skills to enhance relationships to benefit the children in their care in this 5-part training series. A certificate of participation will be offered to attendees weekly. Hosted weekly by Fostering Great Ideas, Live via Zoom January 13- February 10 (registration required). Register for the whole series – 4 Live sessions +1 Live Session with a parent (and debrief).
In this training we will engage in discussion, self-reflection, and learning in order to:
1. Understand how trauma impacts everyone in the family of origin
2. Acknowledge personal feelings of discomfort, bias, and anger towards they “system” and individuals
3. Act in support of connections and continued relationships with family for the benefit of the child
4. Collaborate with the child and family’s team to achieve positive outcomes: including ongoing communication with all involved, asking relevant and timely questions, staying up-to-date with new case information
5. Develop and utilize healthy relationship-building skills to connect, build, and maintain ongoing connections between the child and their family
6. Implement healthy and realistic boundaries at various stages of case development; ease into relationships/ contact with family at a healthy and realistic pace while always respecting and welcoming their role in the child(ren)’s life
7. Recognize the importance of the role of foster parents in supporting the case team, family, and the goal of reunification
8. Champion successful reunifications through healthy ongoing connections or relationships with child(ren)’s family
Registration is required. Only 15 spots available.
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!
(Wednesday) 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm EST